Thursday, September 29, 2011

Great Time in Penang


Every year my school sends all of its employees on a free trip. This year employees could have chosen one of four destinations, one of which was Bangkok, which would have been my first choice. By the time I learned about the trips, all of them were fully booked except Penang. I had been to Penang twice before and one of those times was a school trip like this a few years back. I wasn’t totally stoked, but a free trip is a free trip.

I must say that I was totally happy in the end with going to Penang. We went there on Friday morning and came back Sunday evening. The school put us up in a five-star hotel with a killer buffet breakfast included. I’ve learned from experience to skip the planned activities on these company trips. Instead of visiting fruit farms and a pewter factory, some fellow teachers and I spent all day Saturday at the beach. It was awesome.

The pictures below are from Friday night in Penang. Another teacher and I were hanging out at Overtime and a bunch of other people from our school came in. We joined them in a drinking game that I’ve never played before and had a great time.

I’m looking forward to next year’s trip wherever it happens to be.



No comments:

Post a Comment