Tuesday, June 21, 2011

First Half of Bali Trip

Some scenes from our 17 day stop in Bali on our way from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur.

We’ve been hanging out in the Kuta area for our entire trip so far. This is mostly due to the fact that I had been working on a paper for a course I’m taking. I’m done that now, but we still have moved out of Kuta.





There are some positives and negatives for Kuta, Bali from my point of view. The beach is great for watching surfers and the sand is ok, but it’s not a good beach for swimming. Another very positive thing is that the food is outstanding. There is so much variety and it’s not too expensive. Having said all that, a major drawback for me is that Kuta is a young person’s place. At 32 I feel like an old man. I recommend up to three days in Kuta, but any more and it starts to get a bit boring. Problem is I haven’t been anywhere else yet, so I can’t make any alternative recommendations.



Here’s Lyna at one of the clubs on the main strip. The action really starts after 11pm which seems really late to me. I’m not sure what everyone is doing up until that time.

This was the site of the 2002 Bali bombings.

Hands down the best salad I have ever eaten. Lyna ordered the same one a few nights later, but the magic could not be recreated.


A picture of me at our happ hour watering hole.



I loved the Engine Room. It was full of females hunting down Kuta cowboys.



We went to Bubba Gump Shrimp on Saturday night. The place was absolutely packed. Pints of Heineken ran at over $8.


Bali Part Two coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment